Host Instructions and Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in being a host for our watch parties! Below you will find a detailed outline of what to expect the day of the watch parties, what your role as a host will be and post-game instructions.
- Arrive 45 minutes to an hour prior to kickoff to set up the room. If the venue is not providing a private space or reserved seating, schedule additional volunteers or friends to help hold tables.
- Greet the servers/hostess staff and ask for their assistance in helping direct any Huskie fans to the designated section.
- Remind the servers and bartenders that all guests will have their own bar tabs; there is no official NIU bar tab.
- Greet guests when they arrive and ask them to fill out a raffle ticket and sign-in sheet.
- Make sure the bar manager/owner has the game on the designated channel.
- Check that the NIU banner is in a visible location.
- Have guests sign in and fill out a raffle ticket as they arrive.
- Take photos and post to the NIU Alumni Association Facebook page. *Please refer to the “Photo Guidelines” below.
- During halftime, conduct the raffle drawing.
- Collect raffle tickets and announce the prize winner.
- Thank everyone for attending and remind them of upcoming football games.
- Clean the space and remove any event swag.
- Thank the bartender, servers and manager for their help with the watch party.
- Collect raffle tickets and the sign-in sheet. Please refer to “Mailing Instructions” below for details on how to mail the box back.
- Fill out the survey (only the watch party host needs to fill this out).
- Try to camouflage alcohol or avoid having it in the photo.
- Take photos of people smiling.
- Take candid and posed photos.
- Post photos on the NIU Alumni Association Facebook page at specific times during the game with the following caption: Go Huskies from (bar name, city and state location).
- Please remember that you will be serving as a representative for the NIU Alumni Association and Northern Illinois University, so make sure any and all photos that are taken reflect NIU in a positive and respectful manner.
- Please include the following in the shipment box after the game concludes:
- Any leftover NIU swag and event gear
- Sign-in sheet
- Raffle tickets
- Survey filled out by host
- Put return postage label on box and send to post office
Questions? Please call Stephanie Poulos at 815-753-1679 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.